Christmas time, oh Christmas time! What a wonderful time of year to catch up with family and friends and celebrate the festive season together. Food is cooking, drinks flowing, the vibe is in the air.
But how does this all change after surgery? You’ve been spending your time lately trying to eat well, avoid carbonated drinks, and lose weight. How can you enjoy your time without undoing all of your great efforts?
Below are 3 cocktail/mocktail recipes that are sure to keep you (and the crowd) happy!
1. Twining’s In’fuse Iced Tea Mojito
- 2 x your choice of flavour Twining’s infuse iced tea bags
- 1L water
- 4 limes
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 180mL white rum (optional)
- sugar or sweetener to taste
- Prepare iced tea using 2 bags in 1L water. Leave in refrigerator to infuse for approximately 1 hour.
- Cut lime into quarters. Put aside 4 quarters for garnish.
- In a small bowl or container, muddle lime, mint and your choice of sweetener together.
- Distribute between 4 glasses.
- Fill glasses to top with ice.
- Pour 45mL white rum into each class (can be made without rum for an alcohol free version).
- Fill the glass to the top with the iced tea.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
2. Frozen Mango Berry Daiquiri by Heather Cristo
- 1-2 mangos, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 250g strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tbsp honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1.5 cups ice
- 125mL rum (optional)
- Place mango, strawberries, lemon juice, honey or sweetener, coconut water, rum (optional) and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lime (optional).
3. Banana Piña Colada by Tasty Yummies
- 2 frozen organic ripe bananas
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks (frozen will work if you cannot find fresh)
- 1 cup no sugar added organic pineapple juice
- 1/2 can organic coconut milk (full fat or light) – frozen into cubes
- Coconut flakes for garnish
- Fresh pineapple wedges for garnish
- 120mL rum (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients except the coconut flakes and pineapple wedges to your blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- If you are adding rum, add it after it is creamy and blended, and blend again quickly to mix it in.
- Pour into 4 glasses, serve each topped with coconut flakes
andgarnishwith a fresh pineapple wedge.