To be eligible for weight loss surgery with WeightLoss Solutions Australia, we require patients to meet the following clinical criteria (exceptions may apply):
- You must be at least 17 years of age, and no older than 75 years of age*
- You have a history of failed weight loss attempts with diet and exercise
- You are willing to access meaningful support from the clinical team at WLSA
- You are willing to adhere to medical, dietary, and behavioral advice
In addition to the above criteria, your Body Mass Index (BMI) needs to be in the overweight or obese range. The BMI recommendations for each of our procedures are as follows:
- BMI required for Gastric Banding: BMI of 35 and above, or those with a BMI of 30 and above with associated health problems such as diabetes or sleep apnoea.
- BMI required for Gastric Sleeve: BMI of 40 and above, or those with a BMI of 35 and above with associated health problems
- BMI required for Gastric Balloon: BMI between 27 and 35
*Please note that these criteria are guidelines that are established in the interest of the patient. However, in circumstances that warrant a review of age and BMI limitations, WLSA reserves the right to assess each patient on an individual basis and may in certain circumstances approve a patient who falls outside of these clinical criteria for weight loss surgery. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
*Disclaimer: Results may vary for each person.